Saturday, February 25, 2012

home sweet home

This is our lovely cinder block home.  It's really quite nice and is actually a duplex.  This is our half and the other half is the security guy's house.  I guess they figured that's the best way to ensure the volunteers don't get too out of hand.
Our living room with projector, VCR and DVD player.  The projector displays nicely on the white cinder block.  We also get a few satellite channels.  There are 7 Thai channels (most of the private contractors who maintain the island are Thai), FOX Sports, a business channel, BBC America, History Channel and IFC.  So random.  Sometimes we also get NatGeo.  The reception is really bad though so most of the time you don't know what you are watching through all the snow.  I watched Portlandia last night and my roommates didn't get it and really didn't think it was funny.  So instead they watched a VCR tape of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids."  Whatever.
My bedroom used to be the patio because it has sliding glass windows looking into the living room that they've just added curtains to cover.  But since it wasn't meant as a bedroom it's separate from the others and so kinda secluded which is nice.  I've never had a couch in my bedroom, so fancy, though the couch is a bit worn.  You can see the piece of wood stuck under the cushions to hold them up.
I probably should have straightened the bed a bit before taking the picture.
The view from my porch with more birds, of course.

5 comments:

  1. Livin' like a rock star Jen Jen. I like the blog, Midway seems like a nice break from city life. Quiet, peaceful. Also, I looked up some info to see how big the island was and was wondering if people live there all year round that aren't involved with the birds in some way?

    Keep postin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course that would be your response...
    :)
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that bird is totally stalking you.

    ReplyDelete